Program for adolescents and young adults with legal and illegal substances misuse and addictive behavior
The Program for adolescents and young adults with legal and illegal substances misuse and addictive behaviors by the Alternative Therapeutic Program for Addicts “ARGO”, is funded by the OPERATIONAL PROGRAM “CENTRAL MACEDONIA 2021-2027” , co-funded by the European Social Fund.
The Program for adolescents and young adults, in accordance with the fundamental philosophy of “ARGO”, is a drug-free, non residential (open) therapeutic program in which the adolescent or/and the young adult is encouraged to take on responsibilities, to adapt to a new way of life and behavior, as well as a new value system in order to live a life without any kind of dependency.
Services are provided FREE of charge without any kind of discrimination against race, sex, nationality, sexual preference, physical or mental disabilities, political or religious beliefs, criminal record or financial status.
The program deals with all kinds of dependency, from legal or illegal substances to other addictive behaviors (internet addiction, gambling, social media, gaming) and it offers its services to teenagers and young adults, as well as their families.
The services provided by the program are the following:
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Individual and Group Sessions
- Family Counseling
- Counseling services and psychosocial support for reduction and cessation of drug use and any addictive behavior.
- Central Phase of Therapy / Non Residential Therapeutic Community for Adolescents and Young Adults
- Follow up / After-care
- Referral and connection with the services of ARGO – Alternative Therapeutic Program for Addicted Individuals
- Cooperation and networking with organizations in the field of child protection
- Cooperation and networking with typical and non – typical educational institutions
- Development of a mobile application for the self-evaluation of drug use or addictive behaviors of teenagers and young adults
- Interventions and actions within the Community
- Recreational, artistic, athletic activities